State of Kansas Real-ID Compliance
Starting August 1, 2017, the State of Kansas will begin issuing
Real ID Compliant credentials.
In 2005, the U.S. Congress passed the “Real-ID Act”which establishes minimum security standards for state-issued driver’s licenses and identification cards, and prohibits Federal Agencies from accepting identification cards from states that do not meet these standards.
The new Real-ID/DL credentials will have a “Gold Star” printed on them and the Non-Real ID credentials will specify“Not for Federal ID”.
In order to obtain a State issued Real-ID, the applicant will need to provide
• Proof of Social Security (i.e. SSN Card, current W-2, Current 1099, current pay stub with applicant’s name and SSN on it),
• The applicant will also need to provide a certified birth certificate or current U.S. passport. If your driver’s license or identification card has a different last name compared to your birth certificate we will need marriage license,divorce decree, court order of adoption, or court order of legal name change.
How will Real-ID compliance affect you?
Starting October 1, 2020 every person 18 and over who travels by air
will need to present a Real-ID-compliant license for domestic air travel.
Real-ID compliance does NOT apply to
• Applying for federal benefits,
• Being licensed to drive, or
• Accessing health or life preserving services.
The Osborne County Treasurer’s office cannot complete your transaction for Real-ID compliance if you have a Commercial Driver’s License. You will need to go to a full-service station (Salina, Hays and Phillipsburg are the closest).
If you need to replace your Kansas birth certificate you may go to www.kdheks.gov,
if you need to apply for a replacement social securitycard you may go to www.ssa.gov.
The Osborne County Treasurer’s Office hours of operation for Driver’s License and Identification transactions are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Driver License Renewals / Address Changes
Osborne County Courthouse
Treasurer's Office, First Floor
423 West Main
Osborne, Kansas 67473
Monday thru Friday
8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
for appointments after 4:00 p.m. call 785-346-2251
The following applications can be processed at the Osborne County Treasurer’s Office.
Driver's License Renewal Fees
|4 Year||A or B||16.00||8.00||1.00||25.00|
|4 Year||A or B
|6 Year||A or B||24.00||8.00||1.00||33.00|
|6 Year||A or B
All driver licenses expire on applicants 21st birthday.
Applicants age 65 and over receive a 4 year license.
Applicants age 21 to 64 receive a 6 year license.
The following applications cannot be processed at the Osborne County Treasurer’s Office.